Craigmont, Idaho is also named after William Craig, but has a longer naming history according to Lalia Boone, who wrote Idaho Place Names, A Geographical Dictionary. Part of Craigmont started out as Chicago, Idaho in 1898, then became known as Ilo. Ilo was on one side of the railroad tracks, while the town of Vollmer, incorporated in 1906, was on the other side. Populated largely by human beings, the towns were, of course, bitter rivals for a time. They came together in 1920 under the name of Craigmont.
Craig Creek, which empties into the Clearwater River, is named after a different Craig. George W. Craig settled on the creek in 1905.