A). Moscow, Idaho got its name because…
- Early settlers were Russian
- The man who chose the name had lived in two other towns called Moscow, so decided to make it three.
- It was supposed to be called Mosco after an early settler, but the Postal Service assumed it was a typo.
- There was a native coyote tale about a cow made from moss.
- Named after the famous mule.
B). An Oregon Boot was called that because…
- A prison warden in Oregon invented the heavy device to attach to the shoes of prisoners.
- It was popular with rodeo riders at the Pendleton Roundup because of its tall heel.
- It was a wagon bed cover invented in Oregon.
- It was named after the practice of giving drunks a boot out the door when they got rowdy.
- It was an insulated cowboy boot invented in Nyssa.
C). What TWO things were banned in Boise at one time?
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Riding cows on the sidewalk.
- Dancing to ragtime music.
- Pet snakes.
- Motion pictures.
D). What Idaho flood was the biggest in geological history?
- The formation of Lake Idaho due to a gigantic rock slide in Hells Canyon.
- The Bonneville Flood.
- The Teton Dam flood.
- The Lake Missoula Flood.
- The Island Park Caldera.
E). Which of the following are true about Sunbeam Dam?
- It was the first solar-powered dam in the country.
- It was built to provide power for a mining operation.
- It once blocked the passage of salmon on the Salmon River
- It was once a popular salmon fishing location.
- It was blown up to allow the passage of salmon.
How did you do?
5 right—Why aren’t you writing this blog?
4 right—A true Idaho native, no matter where you’re from.
3 right—Good! Treat yourself to some French fries.
2 right—Okay! Eat more potatoes!
1 right—Meh. You need to read more blog posts.
0 right—Really, you should reconsider your recent relocation.